Friday, May 31, 2013

Al-anon, the goddess and me

If you know me than  you know that I love an alcoholic, and not any type of alcoholic, the Hekal and Jekell kind.

So in order to create some support and understanding for some of the things headed my way I have searched out Al-anon and it has been life changing. Of course, there is a Higher Power aspect, something everyone is free to choose, and despite the male centric phrasing I have asked the goddess to walk with me, because I don't know where this path will lead.

And this morning, my daily meditation was bookmarked with a piece of paper that had this to say,

I want to love you without
   clutching
Appreciate you without
   judging
join you without invading
invite you without
   demanding
leave you without guilt
criticize you without
   blaming
and help you without
   insulting
if I can have the same
   from you
we can truly meet and
   enrich each other.

When I am at meetings I do not feel so alone, it is my own coven so to speak. The place where for a little while I can put down my burden and express my joys, hopes, fears and frustrations. Where there is the ritual of prayer, the assurance of confidentiality, and encouragement to seek information and to be open with my higher  power.

There are changes coming, because life is a breathing organism that retracts and expands, death and rebirth, despair and hope.

Tonight is another opportunity for me to walk with my goddess, I've never needed her strength and inspiration more in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment